An Airsoft AEG is an airsoft gun that uses an electric motor to cycle the action. The “AEG” in airsoft AEG stands for Automatic Electric Gun. An AEG typically uses a battery as its power source, which is why they are sometimes referred to as “battery guns.” There are different types of AEGs on the market, from small pistols to large rifles. Some even come with attachable grenade launchers! No matter what type of AEG you choose, they all work on the same basic principle.
How does an Airsoft AEG work?
The basic principle behind an AEG is very simple. When you pull the trigger, it completes an electrical circuit which runs from the battery, through the trigger contacts, and to the motor. The motor then begins to spin, which in turn winds up a set of gears. The gears are connected to a piston, which is located inside the cylinder head. As the piston moves back and forth, it compresses and decompresses air inside the cylinder head, which propels the BB out of the barrel.
The different types of Airsoft AEGs
There are a few different types of AEGs on the market, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. The most common type is the in-line AEG, which is the simplest and most reliable design. In-line AEGs are also the easiest to work on and upgrade. Another popular type is the box mag AEG, which uses a magazine that sits parallel to the gun’s body. Box mag AEGs tend to be more compact and easier to handle than in-line AEGs, but they can be more difficult to maintain. Finally, there are drum mag AEGs, which use a large capacity drum magazine. Drum mag AEGs are great for high volume shooting, but they can be quite bulky and unwieldy.
No matter what type of AEG you choose, they all work on the same basic principle. So if you’re looking to get into airsoft, don’t worry too much about which type of gun to get. Just pick one that looks cool and start shooting!
How to take care of your Airsoft AEG
Now that you know how an AEG works, it’s important to learn how to take care of your gun. Airsoft guns are delicate devices, and they need to be treated with care if you want them to last. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your AEG:
– Always store your gun in a safe place, out of the reach of children or pets.
– Never leave your gun unattended, even for a moment.
– Always transport your gun in a case or bag to keep it protected from bumps and bruises.
– When not in use, always disconnect the battery from your gun. This will help prolong the life of your battery and prevent accidental discharge.
– Be sure to clean your gun regularly. A dirty gun is a recipe for disaster.
– Inspect your gun before each use to make sure everything is in working order.
Common problems with Airsoft AEGs and how to solve them
Like any mechanical device, Airsoft AEGs are prone to wear and tear. Here are some common problems that you may encounter, and how to solve them:
– Jammed BBs: If your gun is jamming frequently, it’s probably time to clean it. Start by disassembling the gun and cleaning out the barrel. Then, clean the hop-up unit and make sure all of the moving parts are well lubricated.
– Stripped gears: This is a common problem with airsoft guns. It can be caused by using too high of a voltage battery, or by not properly lubricating the gearbox. If your gears are stripped, you’ll need to replace them.
– Leaking gas: If your gun is leaking gas, it’s probably because the O-rings in the magazine are worn out. Replacing the O-rings is a fairly simple process, and you can find replacement O-rings at most airsoft retailers.
By following these simple tips, you can help keep your Airsoft AEG in working order for years to come.